Thursday, April 30, 2009

Guest Post (or how I begged to post this)

Got an email from my friend Jacob today. Jacob, btw races bikes and is pretty much a total badass. I loved this email so much I asked if I could share it.

"fond memory: for a brief, shining moment, the kids4jesus (or whatever we were) group used to go on bike rides instead of sitting in 'big church' at night. it was like being let out of prison and getting sent straight to disney world. we would have like a 5 minute lesson about burning in hell or whatever, then go bombing down lucy finn avenue, through grove park to the dairy queen. my dad would give me $1.50 before church and i would buy a green or red slushee. we would sit on the benches beside dq and drink our slushees and i would flirt with amy southern and derek mitchell and i would jump over piles of dirt, and race. i always won.

that may have been the happiest i've ever been.

damn."

I mean, does it get any better than that? Nope, it doesn't.

Happiness IS a warm bike day.

Thanks Jake. Our condolences go out to you regarding the loss of Killer Bee, your 2 wheeled steed tragically lost in a race accident this weekend. he will be missed.

1 comment:

something on your mind?